Car Insurance, Involved In An Accident With A Driver Insurance?

Related Posts

Insured driver ten times more likely to drink and drive and three times more likely to be convicted of driving without due care and attention. They also cause one accident every six months. In fact one in twenty motorists regularly drive without insurance. This is because it is not perhaps surprising that, one in ten of all motorists have been involved in accidents with uninsured drivers. The question is what to do if you are involved in an accident with one?
 Involved In An Accident With A Driver Insurance

At the time of the accident, you are unlikely to be aware that other drivers are insured so you will have to react in a normal way. Pay attention to the other car make, model and registration number. Also note the other driver's name and addresses- but whether he will give his details absolutely impossible possible! Nevertheless, always record what the other driver. Unless you have this information you will have no leg to stand on when it comes to getting some of your money back.

Also take note of the damage to the other car and the accident site. Remember to note Markka road, road signs, light and weather conditions and if other cars have lights on even as detailed as possible. Then if you are lucky enough to have an independent witness who get their full contact details. And if you happen to have a camera in the car, take lots of pictures - and try and get one with the other driver clearly in the picture. Police might like it!

If you are a comprehensive policy, your insurance company pays for your car to be repaired, but you could lose your no claims discount unless you've paid to protect. But then there is a problem of excess payment - that's the first part you have to pay the cost of repairs. You will have to pay that unless you are lucky enough to have policies that eliminate excess payment if you got hit by a driver insured.

For those of you with a third party car insurance, you are in trouble. Your insurance company will not pay for your repairs and, as the other driver insurance, you will not get the money from him, unless you can track him and succeeded in several court actions. Even then there is no guarantee that it will pay! You are guaranteed only solution is to make a compensation claim for the Bureau of Motor insurance - but you still have to pay £ 300 first claim.

Motor insurers bureau insisted that having another racer car registration number and you first have to report the accident to the police. Always ask the police for a copy of their accident report as the Bureau is likely to ask to see it. Bureau phone number is 01908 671681 or you can e-mail them at

At the time the UK 'law be amended to crackdown on uninsured drivers. Not before time. Anyone who maintain, not driving, the vehicle is insured now face a fixed £ 100 fine and also can have their cars confiscated and destroyed. Currently the average fine for driving without insurance is only £ 170 and it is hardly punishment when car insurance costs many times over. Losing the car plus a fine of £ 100 is much more realistic. Let us hope that the court fully implement sanctions destroy!

A police spokesman said recently, "Insured drivers are often guilty of many other violations of driving-related, such as having no driver's license or certificate MOT. We do everything in our power to get the driver is dangerous and illegal from our streets".

We say, go to it blues and two!